Wind Power System
Wind Energy – Onshore & Offshore
Wind is a form of solar energy which is the outcome of irregular heating of the atmosphere by the sun, the anomalies of the earth’s surface and the rotation of the earth.
Wind energy is the energy obtained from the wind as a result of its path through the blades of a wind turbine causing it to rotate and produce kinetic energy which in result produces electricity.
With over 8,000 megawatts (MW) generation at the beginning of 2013, the United Kingdom has been ranked the world’s eighth largest producers of wind power. However, there is still a vast unexploited amount of wind energy in the UK. The recent government policies on energy and the on-going advances in wind turbine development have attracted a lot of investors and developers to wind farm development.
Adtek provides the following wind farm development services listed below:
- Desktop Feasibility Studies
- Grid Connection Budget Estimates
- High Level Grid Integration Studies
- Detailed Grid Integration Studies
- Wake Effect Calculation
- Wind Farm Layout Optimisation
- Turbine assessment
- Transmission and Distribution Connection Application
- Technical and Commercial Review of Grid Connection Offers
- Network Operator Liaison
- Independent Connection Provider Liaison
- Electrical Equipment Specification
- Front-End Engineering Design
- Full Turnkey Wind Farm Design
- Electrical Studies (P28, P2/6, Earthing Design, Protection)
- Commercial and Regulatory Services (Use of System Charges)
- Due Diligence Services for Investors and Lenders Including Financial, Technical, Legal and Commercial
- System Costing and Economic Assessments
- O&M Documentation
- Wind Farm Performance and Acceptance Testing
- Grid Code Compliance Test
- Owner’s Engineer
- Project Management
At Adtek, we are equipped with seasoned consultants and engineers that provide the expertise and advice needed to accomplish any wind farm development project globally.